Saturday, February 9, 2019

Drawing Lines


“You wouldn’t dare,” House yells.
“No, House you’re right. I wouldn’t dare anything.” Tinkletoes reaches out to the pine panel in front of him and begins to doodle. “Always remember. I am a soldier. I don’t dare. I do what needs to be done.” After several minutes, the self-proclaimed mercenary steps back from his creation.
Writer Lady, Carp, Ray, Tinkletoes, TP and both kittens all study the result of his efforts.
Peter enters the kitchen with Paige, Dylan, and Furnatche in tow. They stop to look at the newest addition to House’s interior. Dylan proclaims. “I did not do that.”
“Of course you didn’t. You’ve been with us all morning.” Peter says.
“I did it.” Tinkletoes announces.
Paige looks at the drawing on the wall, she steps closer and studies it. “The similarities between this and one of Dylan’s stick drawings is uncanny.”
Ray chomps on a cheese puff. He looks at Tinkletoes. “You draw like a four year old. Totally cool man.”
“As long as nobody blames this on me.” The tow-headed boy’s face grows serious. He looks at the self-proclaimed mercenary and asks. “If you only draw stick people how can you show the other soldiers what to do?”
“I abbreviated things.” Tinkletoes announces with a grin.
“And they just knew what you meant?” Dylan asks.
“Everyone used the same abbreviations, that way, we all spoke the same language.”
“They use ‘X’s like in football.” Paige says.
“The military is more sophisticated than football.” The self-proclaimed mercenary grins. “Let me show you.”
A large white board on an easel along with a marker appears to the left of Tinkletoes. There is a note on the board that reads: WRITE HERE.
Tinkletoes holds up his drawing charcoal and says, “Thanks House. I’ve got this.” He turns back to the freshly installed pine paneling and commences drawing. “First, you have to map things out.” He continues to narrate as he draws. “Here’s the camp. The enemy camp is hidden by this hill.” He draws an upside down “V” shape. “Over here is the access road. There are mountains to the east and an ocean to the west.”
“Are you going to add happy little trees?” Dylan asks. “The man on TV puts in happy little trees.”
“No, it’s not that kind of a picture.” Peter says.
“There’s a mountain range over there.” Tinkletoes draws a bulky looking shape. “Here are our guns.” He says adding several ‘X’s. “Hiding over here is the enemy.” He announces drawing several ‘O’s. “That was how I communicated with my men.”
“It looks just like football.” Paige says.
“No it doesn’t.” The self-proclaimed mercenary counters folding his arms.
“It kind of does.” Writer Lady agrees.
Ray points to the wall with a cheese puff. “Yep.”
“There are mountains.” Tinkletoes points out.
“On a football field.” Writer Lady counters.
“Okay fine. Maybe soldiers don’t draw.”
TP pops in and flutters through the air directly in front of the wall. “Oh my goodness.” The faerie exclaims. “TP fix.” The faerie waves a hand over the surface of the wall and the ‘X’s and ‘O’s begin disappearing.
“I need that.”
“No you don’t. You need to clean up the mess that you made.” House says. “I was pretty and you ruined it.”
“I made a bold strategic move.” Tinkletoes counters. “If you want to be pretty again then give me my hilts!”
“I don’t know that they look like.” House says.
Writer Lady looks at the ceiling and raises an eyebrow.
“Does it look like this?” House projects a picture of a stilt on to the front the dishwasher.
Carp taps Tinkletoes on the arm. Tinkletoes glares at Carp. Carp points to the illuminated illustration.
“No.” Tinkletoes answers.
“What about this?”
A picture of a Pogo stick appears.
“Picture a sword without the sharp end.” Writer Lady suggests.
A picture of a sword with the pointy end removed appears.
“No, no, NO!” Tinkletoes says. He pulls his Bowie knife out of the case he wears on his hip and covers the blade. He holds it towards the ceiling.
Tinkletoes looks at Writer Lady, “Can she see this? Where are her eyes?”
“She’s magic. She has 360 vision. Silly Human.” TP giggles.
Tinkletoes nods. “Look for something like this. Just the handle.”
“That’s not very impressive is it?”
Tinkletoes’ neck reddens and slowly begins traveling up the length of his neck.
Peter whispers something to Dylan and the four-year old runs out of the kitchen with Furnatche on his heels. The tow-headed boy returns with his recently broken toy light saber.
Dylan holds it up and says, “Like this. See?”
“Oh.” House says.
“Do you know where they are?” Writer Lady asks.
“Yes...maybe...who says that I know where they’re at?”
“It would be a really nice thing to do if you gave Tinkletoes his hilts. It is not his fault that they were stored in the attic when you began working on new layouts for yourself. I was the one that stored them there.”
“I don’t care. I don’t like him and I don’t want the boob to have his toys.”
Tinkletoes puts his knife away and runs his hand down the length of his face in frustration. TP flutters up to Tinkletoes’ ear and whispers something. The self-proclaimed mercenary raises an eyebrow and smiles.
“You know House, Mural Man isn’t going to be happy when he finds out that you’re acting like this.”
“So.” House challenges.
“Where is Mural Man?”
“He’s out...getting his fold lines ironed.”
The redness begins to dissipate and one side of Tinkletoes’ mouth turns up in a grin. “Wouldn’t it be a shame if Mural Man knew how you were behaving.”
TP whispers something else to Tinkletoes.
“No.” Tinkletoes says.
TP whispers again.
“No.” He answers and shakes his head.
The faerie persists.
“I’m a man. I’m not sayin’ that about another man.”
TP tries again.
Tinkletoes growls. It is a low rumble, barely audible. He glares at TP. The faerie holds up both hands on either side of his shoulders apologetically. Tinkletoes clears his throat. “Yeah. It would be a shame if Mural Man found out. You might not see his umm..." the self-proclaimed mercenary pauses before he finishes his sentence,"shapely behind again for a long time.”
“Fat chance. He’s nuts about me. Try again Soldier Boy.”




25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola! I've been following your blog for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout
out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent job!

Anonymous said...

Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
I'm planning to start my own blog soon but
I'm having a hard time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs
and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I certainly loved every bit of it.
I have you book marked to look at new things you post...

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your blog via Google while searching for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it
seems to be great. I've bookmarked it in my
google bookmarks.[X-N-E-W-L-I-N-S-P-I-N-X]Hi there, just
turned into aware of your blog through Google, and located that it
is really informative. I am gonna be careful for
brussels. I'll be grateful for those who proceed this in future.
A lot of other people will be benefited out of your writing.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I?ve visited this web site before but after browsing through
many of the articles I realized it?s new to me. Nonetheless, I?m definitely delighted I came across it and I?ll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem with your website in internet explorer, may test this?

IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a big component to
people will omit your magnificent writing because
of this problem.

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your
blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog
through Google, and found that it's really informative.
I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site.
I'm hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you in the
future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated
me to get my very own website now ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, of course this article is in fact nice and I have learned lot of things from it concerning
blogging. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much,
However I am going through problems with your RSS. I don't understand why I can't subscribe to
it. Is there anybody getting the same RSS issues?

Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond?
Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Some times its a pain in the ass to read what
blog owners wrote but this site is rattling user pleasant!

Anonymous said...

As I site possessor I believe the content material here is rattling magnificent
, appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep
it up forever! Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading and I think this website got some truly utilitarian stuff on it!

Anonymous said...

Quality posts is the secret to invite the users to pay a quick visit the web page, that's what this web site is providing.

Anonymous said...

I'd always want to be update on new posts on this web site,
saved to fav!

Anonymous said...

I always emailed this webpage post page to all my contacts, because
if like to read it afterward my contacts will too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate
to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and
adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue along with
your website in web explorer, may check this... IE still is the market chief and a good section of folks will omit your fantastic
writing due to this problem.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello there, You've done a great job. I'll definitely digg it and personally recommend to
my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this website.

Anonymous said...

I don't commonly comment but I gotta tell regards for the
post on this perfect one :D.

HR Apostos said...

***I have more than one comment stating that the reader will look out for Brussels. Tinkletoes is a self-proclaimed mercenary who works for baked goods. He specializes in dealing with zombies, Ninja-Zombies, and Space Aliens. Brussels is safe from Tinkletoes. Completely safe!

House Dragons And Giggling Walls

  Tinkletoes’ eyes stop at the baby dragon sleeping in the corner of the room. “What's he doing here?”  Writer Lady turns an...